“I’ve always had a core belief in God and was, until I converted to Islam on June 30 2003, a practising Christian. I went to St James’ Church in Piccadilly maybe twice a month, which in secular Britain is regarded as bordering on fanaticism,” says Ridley.
She has told her story many times and has selected some of the best videos on this page which explain how and why her spiritual journey began and evolved.
You can follow her stories through the years with her interviews by local and international media.
1. Interview with former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond in March 2020 for his show on Russia Today.
2. Interview with Ridley by On The Ground News (OGN) journalist Bilal Abdul Kareem in Idlib, Syria
3. Canadian chat show host George Stroumboulopoulos aka Strombo interviews Ridley in 2007
4. Ridley holds an audience in New Zealand spellbound as she tells her tale Captive to Convert in her own words:
5. Speaking at the world-famous Oxford Union in a debate about religion, Ridley gives her views in her own inimitable style about why religion is important to life:
6. Ridley addresses a group at the Islamic Center of Irvine in California about her “Ticket to Paradise” in November 2007
7. An award-winning short film My Mother’s Daughter showing the relationship and conflict between Ridley and her mother Joyce
8. Ridley talks about her political journey as a Muslim
My Journey to Islam: